- Programs can be administered by either the Court / Agency or directly by NASP personnel.
- Adaptable to any court system with no minimum number of referrals required.
- A Case Manager is assigned to each participant to help ensure successful completion of the program.
- A Completion Report including a “Risk-Assessment” on each offender is provided to the referring officer.
- Dedicated Client Services Manager to provide customized administration and ongoing support.
- Monthly Info-Grams containing educational information, tips and statistics.
- Evaluations, profile data and statistical analysis on your offenders with measurable results.
- Online National Learning & Resource Center for referral officers and offenders.
- Recognition for outstanding accomplishments in best practices and program service.
- The NASP programs are research-based and proven effective with the lowest court-documented recidivism averaging 2.9% nationally. (Recidivism study grants are offered to participating Courts / Agencies each year.)
- Delivered in a comprehensive and consistent format for all types of shoplifting offenders (first & repeat, urban, rural, tourist, affluent & indigent).
- 96% of participants successfully complete the NASP Programs, nationally.
- Participants give the NASP programs an average grade of 95% regarding its value and usefulness to them.
- Additional support services including a free online self-assessment, wallet cards and referrals to psychotherapists.
- NASP programs are offered in both English and Spanish, and are available for the hearing impaired.